ALGA’s RoadWise works with Local Government and communities to take action to reduce road trauma by:
- Helping establish RoadWise or local road safety committees.
- Facilitating local partnerships / local level road safety.
- Working with communities and stakeholders to identify and address local road safety issues.
- Enabling communities to be involved in and contribute to community road safety.
- Assisting in the development of local road safety action plans.
- Planning, developing and coordinating projects and campaigns (e.g. Driver Reviver, Coffee Stop,
- Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign, Blessing of the Roads campaign, road safety awards and
road safety signage).
- Delivering Type 1 Child Car Restraint Fitter training.
- Helping establish and support a network of Type 1 Child Car restraint Fitters within each region.
- Assisting with road safety audits.